Support SEL Practitioners
The members of the Assessment Work Group responsible for Measuring SEL are preparing a series of briefs on SEL frameworks. These briefs will summarize key issues, describe a specific framework and its source, or explore similarities, differences, and potential alignments among them.
Framing the way we work on SEL
- Read SEL Frameworks – What are They and Why are They Important?
- Read SEL Frameworks – Practical Challenges and Opportunities
- Read Ten Criteria for Describing and Selecting SEL Frameworks
Descriptions and Ratings of Common SEL Frameworks
Coming in March 2019
Comparing different frameworks
Coming in January/February 2019
Learning about issues in SEL
- Read Keeping SEL Developmental: The Importance of a Developmental Lens for Fostering and Assessing SEL Competencies and brief summary
- Read Equity & Social Emotional Learning: A Cultural Analysis and brief summary
Our goal is to help provide concise, easily accessible information about what frameworks are, where to learn more, and how to use them to improve the everyday implementation of SEL. Join the Collaborator Network to learn when new briefs are posted.
Have an idea for a topic these briefs should cover or other resources we should know about? Contact us at email@example.com.